Welcome fellow bloggers, thrifty decorators and lovers of all things beautiful!

Welcome fellow bloggers, thrifty decorators and lovers of all things beautiful!

Monday, February 14, 2011

First Things First

Can you tell I am new to blogging? There's not a lot of fancy smancy goin' on here; well, at least not yet, but wait, one of these days (hopefully soon) I will figure out exactly what I'm doin' here and then maybe I'll have a blog I can be proud of, lol.... 

I call this post FIRST THINGS FIRST....because....This is my very FIRST blog and my very FIRST post (aren't you just so proud of me) :-)  I didn't even know what a blog was until just a few short months ago. 

You see late last year we sold our beautiful modern mansion for this cute little OLD charmer of a house and, since I'd never owned (or decorated) a beauty quite like this, I went in search of some ideas to fixer her up...

Ain't she a beauty?


Ohhhh yes, that is a real working fireplace!
HAPPY DANCE!!!!

This little house is just so full of character. 
Don't you just love these gorgeous built-ins?
And how about the arched entranceways.  I'm in LOVE!
So, of course, where did I go to get those ideas....I went online!  That's when I discovered some of the most beautiful websites (blogs) I'd ever seen.  Inspiration everywhere!!! Between Happy to Design, Between Naps on the Porch, Mary's Meanderings and toooooo many more to list, I fell in love with this blog thing and just had to try one for myself.  (How do you think I am doing so far?) I must say it's fairly easy.  Of course, I am only saying that as a novist as I have no idea what I am doing, lol! :-}

 Yummy little COUNTRY kitchen
I must say with all the inspiration photos I've come across on all your beautiful decorating blogs I still find myself at a loss of just how I want to decorate my little jewel box.  I love all styles (well except for minimalist style, lol) and it's just so hard to choose one.  Like I said, I've mainly lived in those cookie cutter modern mansions that just about any style will do, but this house is different.  I want it to be just perfect.  Maybe you all can help me here.  How should I dress this little lady?  Should she be in traditional style, cottage style or shabby chic.  What about country french?  TOO MANY CHOICES!  My brain is smoking already.

I think this adorable little screened porch was what sold me on this house.
I just know it will be my most favorite room of all!
Since moving in I have managed (between working a full time job, being a full-time wife and mother of two) to get a few rooms cleaned and painted.  So today I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphasis Monday. (Thanks Susan for your beautiful blog and a great party)



I chose a warm tan/taupe color by Royal Paints called "Wicker" from their historic home collection for the living room and dining room.  It's slightly darker than what I had in mind but it is just simply rich and beautiful  (what do you think?).
Dining Room in "Wicker"
 
Oh yes, that bright pink color was found behind the ugly wallpaper
(dreadful isn't it?  WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?)
And....for the kitchen I went with a daring, show stopping, RED.  I have never painted a room red, but what the heck, it's only paint.  I think she turned out okay, what do you think? 


As far as decorations, I have thrown a few things from the old house up, but I haven't taken any pictures (yet, but as soon as I do I'll share).  I'm just one of those types who believe that the walls could be falling down but a house just isn't a home until there's a little something on the walls, rofl ;-).   I've used some of the decor from our other house, some of which is just not quite right for this beautiful lady, but someday......dreaming, dreaming, dreaming....she will be drop dead GORGEOUS! (Of course, that will be with all YOUR help!)  Hope to post some more transformation pictures later.  Ta ta for now.

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY! 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila,
    Welcome to the 'blog world'...you're gonna love it here! I think you have a beautiful home and you're gonna have so much fun making it yours. I love the color 'Wicker'..it just sounds pretty! I can't wait to see what you show us next!
    Blessings,
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Holly and Laura for such nice and encouraging words. I hope both of you have a Fabulous Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! As you have seen there are lots of beautiful blogs out there.
    I'm in love with your house too! Looking forward to see what you do.
    I like the detail above the sink, and the red. I have a red wall in our dinning room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Retha for your nice comments. I hope you come back often for visits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Welcome to blogland! You are in for the time of your life and will find yourself apart of a fantastic community of folks here. Your new "old" home is absolutely charming and I think you will do a fabulous job of breathing into it some new life in a style that will be all your own...maybe a mix of everything! Pop over and say 'hi' if you get a chance! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete