Welcome fellow bloggers, thrifty decorators and lovers of all things beautiful!

Welcome fellow bloggers, thrifty decorators and lovers of all things beautiful!

Friday, February 18, 2011

LOOKY WHAT I HAVE!

Today I am linking up with Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show & Tell Friday (thanks Cindy for hosting such a great party and for your amazing blog. P.S. I just love your home). 

<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b>

I just love my new little OLD house. She was built in 1939 which makes her 71 years old, but she has aged quite well, I might add.  My post for today is to show you just a few of her little vintage treasures.  First on the list are these beautiful vintage glass doorknobs. 

Every door in the house is fitted with these beauties.


 They each have a keyhole with fitted brass plate and they each have their own key.


The best part is they are in actual working condition.  The old skeleten keys lock and unlock the doors (AMAZING!).

Next up is....are you ready for this....



LAUNDRY SHOOTS!!!

There is one located on each floor.  In a two-story house, with the laundry facilities in the basement, these little beauties are a God send, lol.  Now if we only had a built-in "Dumb Waiter" we wouldn't have to carry all that laundry back upstairs, rofl!!

And last, but not least, on this little Show & Tell post, this cute little built-in telephone stand (which is actually wired and ready for telephone service) 



Can't you just imagine one of those cute little french phones sitting here?  Hmmm, that just might be a plan...

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this little Show & Tell Friday post as much as I have enjoyed sharing it with you.  Ta ta for now.

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

1 comment:

  1. I would love a dumbwaiter in my house for laundry etc, love the doorknobs. How lucky to get them with working keys, that is rare.

    ReplyDelete