Welcome fellow bloggers, thrifty decorators and lovers of all things beautiful!

Welcome fellow bloggers, thrifty decorators and lovers of all things beautiful!

Monday, February 14, 2011

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

You may be wondering whatever possessed sweet little ol' me to name my blog HOBNOBBERS, ETC.

What exactly is a hobnobber and why would anyone name a blog after one?  Well, the definition for Hobnobber is this...an informal social mix, especially with those of higher social status. 

Basically, a mix of two different social classes (like, fancy and flea/shabby and chic).  So why did I name my blog this?  Because it's the name of my future fancy flea (which will be located in my shabby little backyard studio below).


I have longed to have my own little fancy flea shop
for as long as I can remember and now I have a place for one.
I love taking old worthless things, repurposing them and making them new again.  Turning trash into treasure.  I call it hobnobbing.  Old stuff rubbing elbows with the new.  And so the name I chose a while back for my own little fancy flea is Hobnobbers, Etc.  I figured it was only fitting to name my blog the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment