Welcome fellow bloggers, thrifty decorators and lovers of all things beautiful!

Welcome fellow bloggers, thrifty decorators and lovers of all things beautiful!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A TISKET, A TASKET....ALL KINDS OF GIFT BASKETS

I just love creating and giving gift baskets.  They are the perfect gift for every occasion and there's not a person on earth who isn't thrilled to receive one.  I also make candy bouquets.  The kids go crazy over them (adults do too). 

I started making these sweet little gift baskets and candy bouquets for my friends and family several years ago to give as gifts for Christmas, birthdays and other special occasions.  Now I get requests for them all the time.  My friends and family want to give them as gifts too. 

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of all of the baskets and bouquets I have made but I do have a few that I thought I would share with you.  I APOLOGIZE THAT SOME OF THEM ARE SIDEWAYS.  TO VIEW THESE WITHOUT TOO MUCH STRAIN, JUST STAND ON YOUR HEAD :-}  THANKS!!!



WEDDING ROMANCE BASKET
Contents:  1 Bottle Champayne
2 Champayne Flutes
1 Picture Frame
2 Candles
Rochier Chocolates
Little Debbie's Fancy Wedding Cakes
My husband and I surprised our nephew and his beautiful new bride with these lovely wedding baskets.  These kids were broke and couldn't even afford a honeymoon so....Our gift to them was a night's stay in a nearby hotel.  Before they arrived, I asked the attendant to allow me into their room to decorate.  I left the Wedding Romance Basket on the bed along with some rose petals.  I placed the Wedding Essentials basket on the vanity in the bathroom.  They were so very surprised and they just loved the baskets. 

These two baskets provide everything needed for a wonderful romantic wedding night.




WEDDING ESSENTIALS BASKET
Contents:  Bodywash, 1 Bath puff
Trial size Shampoo, Deoderant, body lotion
2 Toothbrushes, Trial size Toothpaste
Trial size package personal care wipes
Hmmm, I feel a HOW-TO coming on...Stay tuned!

GARDENER'S DELIGHT
Contents:  1 Flower Pot
1 Pr. Garden Gloves
1 Garden Trowel
1 Hand Rake
1 Pkg. Seeds

BIRTHDAY BOUQUET
Contents: 1 Sundae Glass
Assorted Candy


GRADUATION BOUQUET
(What graduate wouldn't love this?)

SNACK BOUQUET
Contents:  6 pack favorite beverage
Individual size bags, chips, nuts
Slim Jims, assorted candy bars
(THE MAN OF THE HOUSE WOULD LOVE THIS!)

I have also made a my own edible arrangements of fruit; however, I only have pictures of one arrangement.    These must be given fresh (a word of advice, do not put them in the freezer, the lettuce wilts, lol)  This is a picture of my first edible arrangement (in other words not my best work).  I have made many since but have no pictures of them.  Maybe this would be a good tutorial, hmmm.

MOTHER'S DAY ARRANGEMENT
Contents:  1 Watering can
Fresh pineapple, grapes,
strawberries (some covered in chocolate)
canteloupe, apple wedges, orange wedges
bed of lettuce

P.S.  This bouquet was given to my mother for Mother's Day "fresh"
These pictures were taken several hours later, sadly the lettuce had already wilted and
most of the Chocolate covered Strawberries had already been eaten, lol.  SORRY!

If you would be interested in a tutorial on one of these, email me or post a comment.  I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect reason for your name.
    Still felt a bit ill after standing on my head so, I just turned the monitor sideways and went back onto my head ;o)

    ReplyDelete